Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's a God Thing

18126599Author: Don Jacobson
Release Date: January 7th, 2014
Publisher Thomas Nelson Publishers
Genre(s): Christian Non Fiction
Pages:  214

Summary (Goodreads):
Some things in life have no earthly explanation. It's just a God thing.

Miracles are not reserved for the characters in the Old and New Testaments; they happen to everyday people. Series creator Don Jacobson ("When God Makes Lemonade") and K-LOVE Radio Network (12 million listeners) have joined together to produce one of the most remarkable collections of modern day miracles ever compiled.

From a hunter who survived a horrific accident to a mother woken up to escape an attacker, from a soldier guided to safety through unspeakable horrors to a young backpacker who walked free from a terrorist attack, "It's A God Thing "presents some of the most amazing stories of God's hand on our lives.



Review:
*Thank you so much to Thomas Nelson for sending me this book through Book Look!*



I don't usually review books that are nonfiction or outside the YA genre.  But looking through the listed books on the Book Look page, I saw the bright cover and the summary and thought to myself, “Why not?” I wanted some hopeful and uplifting stories- and that's what I got with this book.


This book is very similar to the Chicken Soup for the Soul series (which I absolutely adore!).  It's made up of individual stories about everyday people who experience miracles.  I don't have a particular story that I consider a favorite;  I really did like all of them! :) And even though some of them dealt with darker subjects, I still felt that all were encouraging and uplifting. 

What I loved the most about this book is that all the stories shine with the love of God.  It shows that no matter who you are or what you’ve done, God loves you, and I think that’s a message that everyone needs to hear.  What better way to relay that message than through testimonies? :-)

Final thoughts? It's a great book to read in moments of doubt or hardship, and it stays true to the loving message of Christ.  


Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: