Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sidekick Showcase Wk 6


*Sorry I haven't been posting this week! It's the week after Spring Break, and the week after any break (at least for me lol) is always so hectic! I'll be back on in April!:) *

This book meme is hosted by the fabulous Jaclyn over at JC's Book Haven! :)
My theme this week: Green covers! :D

Sidekick of the week: Morpheus from the Splintered series!
17449197
(Technically this is the cover for Unhinged, but the guy on front is Morpheus! *swoon*)

Here's the Splintered cover:
12558285
Aren't they both gorgeous?!?!?

I haven't had a chance to read Unhinged yet ( :( ), but from the first book, I'm def. Team Morpheus! He's cunning, witty, and surprisingly caring at times.  And I'm always a sucker for those romances where the characters have known each other since they were little kids. ;) 

 This is one of the few books where I actually love the love triangle. I don't want to spend too much time describing the virtues of Jeb as well (wouldn't want people to switch sides ;)), but he and Jeb are so... human.  They aren't perfect nor are they just cardboards with make-up, but they have an actual personality (it's amazing that this requirement is hardly ever seen in YA), and they have so much depth and complexity to them.  Plus both Jeb and Morpheus don't fit the mold of the usual bad boy/good boy love triangle!!  They are both bad, both good, and both heroic (maybe Morpheus is a little more bad, and Jeb is a little more good, but I stand with my first assertion) , and I can't tell who Alyssa's going to pick in the end! (Hopefully Morpheus, but ya know, I don't really have a big aversion to Jeb either tbh...)

BUT ultimately, I prefer Morpheus over Jeb because Morpheus speaks so poetically. (*swoon*)  It may be a dark type of poetry, but it's haunting.  I also do love that he is a bit of a (dark) drama-queen fashionista (it's very subtle, and it may just be me, but I do think it's there) xD. 
So who are your picks this week?

:) 

5 comments:

JezzebellJC said...

Oh my! I'm sad that I haven't started this series yet. It's been on my to-read list for SO LONG. I adore the covers. They are some of my favorites ever and I'd like to print them and hang them up as wall art. Morph sounds awesome. I actually really like a well-done love triangle. Since you love both guys and can't figure out who she will pick, it seems like it was written very well. Thank you so much for sharing!! Have a fantastic weekend :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

robgirlbooks said...

What an awesome sidekick challenge! Splintered has been on my list forever. I only hear great things. And now you mention a well done love triangle, I have to hurry up already. Great pick!

Kyendwarrior said...

@Jaclyn Canada
Me too! I can't wait for the cover of Ensnared!! (I have a secret wish that Jeb will be on it! Shhh don't tell my other fellow Team Morpheus fangirls ;))

Thank you so much!! You too :)

Kyendwarrior said...

@Robyn Jones
I guarantee this book series is awesome!:)

Thank you so much! Have a wonderful week!:)

Jillian said...

I ADORE these covers! There's something so haunting about them!