Friday, October 24, 2014

Sidekick Showcase Wk 11

This meme is hosted by the fabulous Jaclyn over at JC's Book Haven!
:)

In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Breast Cancer Awareness, we are celebrating strong women!:)


My sidekick:  

301479

Mrs. Gage from Midnight Rider!

This book was/is one of my favorite books from when I was younger and sparked my interest in US History (and semi-obsession with the American Revolution xD). 

 Mrs. Gage isn't really a prominent character (though hints are dropped throughout) until the end.  She is torn between loyalty to her homeland and loyalty to her husband.  It's a tough choice to make; and while at the end her choice is not clear, her convictions are, and she stands up against her husband to save Hannah.  It must have taken her immense courage to do so, especially in favor of someone proven to be guilty of treason ( under the British law), and I truly admire her strength and will in such a difficult time.    


No comments: